[Olug-list] Re: Vurdert røykeforbud under OLUG-samlingene i bunkeren?

Remco B. Brink remco@rc6.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 00:38:54 +0200

Per Inge Oestmoen <pioe@coldsiberia.org> writes:

> Remco B. Brink wrote:
>
>  > Per Inge Oestmoen <pioe@coldsiberia.org> writes:
>  >>Røkning er ukultur.
>
>  > ...and non-smokers are less social. Right.
>
>  > That said, saying that smoking is "ukultur" is an extremely weak
>  > argument.
>
> It is not an argument. It is a _principle_. Those who live by
> principles adhere to beliefs.

And we all know that people who (fanaticly) adhere to beliefs have a
tendency to become quite unreasonable.

I smoke, yet can understand that non-smokers might find a smokefree
OLUG meeting more pleasant to attend. I guess that makes me more
reasonable than you ;-)

> I personally believe in the superiority of tar-free lungs.

Non issue. Tar-free lungs are ofcourse superior to the lungs of a
(regular) smoker.

You were however not arguing about lungs but about the habit of
smoking, which is a different issue all together.

-rbb

--
   Remco B. Brink -- Information Systems Developer, Opera Software ASA
Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

     ThisemailhasbeenbroughttoyoubyJOLTCola,
     favoredbyssysadmins,netadminsandprogrammerseverywhere.
     JOLTCola--forallthesugarandtwicethecaffine(R).
                                         -- Mark P. Beckman