[Olug-list] Emacs, ssh , og ÆØÅ

Andreas Øye aoy at running-it.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:20:06 +0100

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:16:05PM +0100, Roy-Magne Mo wrote:
> Jau det er det, men du skal berre bruke teikn som kan representerast me=
> dei første 7 bita i korrekt XML og XHTML. Dette vil føre til at fil=
ene
> vil vere ganske like om du brukar UTF-8 eller ISO8859-1/ISO8859-15

Neppe, "The document character set for XML and HTML 4.0 is Unicode (aka
ISO 10646). This means that HTML browsers and XML processors should
behave as if they used Unicode internally. But it doesn't mean that
documents have to be transmitted in Unicode. As long as client and
server agree on the encoding, they can use any encoding that can be
converted to Unicode."

http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset.html

--
mvh.