[Olug-list] Large scale linux mailserver with web frontend.

subscribe subscribe@kringstad.net
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:34:42 +0200

Hi list,
I'm about to install a linux mailserver for virtual domains and a couple
of hundred users. I need Imap, POP3, auth smtp, webbased mail and all of
these services to use a webbased tool for adminitration.

I've looked at:

* The QMail package with courier imap, http://www.inter7.com/
* Sendmail, Cyrus Imap and squirrelmail, but no frontends
* The Postfix package with cyrus imap server and squirrelmail
  http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html

* The ISP man frontend, http://www.ispman.org/.=20
* The Xams frontend, http://www.xams.org
* The php-cyradm frontend,
http://freshmeat.net/projects/php-cyradm/?topic_id=3D28%2C35%2C96%2C253

But I can't decide on which package to use. Has anyone any experience
with
these packages, or any other tips? I know there are commercial products
like
plesk and others, but I hoped to use free software.

---
Trond Kringstad
trond@kringstad.net -  www.kringstad.net
"Linux IS user friendly...It's just selective about who its friends
are."=20